- Publish photobook to elaborate photographers activity from hobby to semi / full time professional photographers
- Trigger interaction among community members to achieve 10,000 members as 1st phase
Key point :
- Book publish in 3 languages at the same time to enlarge potential viewers and promote OPEANUT’s global scope projects
- Draft out project plan & announcement (Mar)
- Select 5-6 members who can join the project (Apr – May)
- Finalize the project plan (Jun)
- Photo & article preparation (Jul – Sep)
- Publisher communication (Sep)
- Design work (Oct – Nov)
- Publish (Dec 2018 or Jan 2019)
Key items to be decided :
- Name of the book
- Book format (size, print quality)
- What style of the photo?
- Do we need ‘aligned theme’ from project members or random subjects?
- B&W only or Color photo? Printing quality for Color book will be more challenging and expensive. Also BW photo is well regarded as artistic output.
- 60% photo
- 20% story behind the photo, location, experience, personal memories….
- 10% photo skill, how to take & process the photo
- 10% equipment, what used (camera / lens is not relevant with photo itself, but most viewers want to know about it anyway)
Proposal 1 : BW cityscape
- Select 5-6 cities in the world, for example, Amsterdam, Paris, Seoul, Taipei, LA ….etc & gather photos from members
- Theme of the book is very specific
- Can draw strong attention from whom are interested in this specific area.
Proposal 2: BW landscape
- More in general, landscape including cityscape
- More freedom for photographers
- Wider audience but BW landscape is not really special subject…
Project details will be discussed with members and updated along the project progress